Chakras are the seven energy centers in the human body. Chakras are aligned vertically, running from the base of the spine to the crown of the head.
When your chakras are blocked or out of sync, your physical and psychological health are affected in a negative way. There are many different ways to open your chakras, including yoga, meditation, reiki, massage, and crystals.
This article focuses on opening chakras through affirmations, which function like exercises for your outlook and your mind. They’re positive statements you repeat to yourself to fight self-sabotage and overcome negative thoughts. Repeating them often helps you make positive changes.
Affirmations can reprogram thought patterns so we begin to think and act differently. Affirmations’ power lies in repetition. It’s helpful to recite affirmations two or three times a day. To help you remember, program them to pop up in your phone notifications!
Here is a brief description of each Chakra, along with positive affirmations you can use to open any blockages:
- Root Chakra
Our Root Chakra is foundational. It makes us feel anchored, calm, and secure. If you feel anxious, stressed, or panicked, your Root Chakra may be blocked. Here are some daily affirmations to open your Root Chakra:
- I trust in life’s processes.
- I am safe.
- I am grounded.
- I am anchored.
- I can release fear.
- I trust that I am eternally safe.
- I am calm, centered, and at peace.
- The Universe nurtures, nourishes, and supports me.
- All is well, and all is one.
- Sacral Chakra
Our Sacral Chakra represents creativity and encompasses our sexuality. If you’re not satisfied in your relationship, or you’re not experiencing pleasure in life, your Sacral Chakra may be blocked. Here are some daily affirmations to open your Sacral Chakra:
- My body is sacred.
- I am full of creativity, joy, and love.
- My emotions flow in a healthy way.
- My creativity and imagination are powerful.
- I connect with others without losing myself.
- I am a passionate being.
- My sexuality is pure.
- There is much pleasure in my life.
- Emotions are my soul’s language.
- Solar Plexus
Our Solar Plexus Chakra is sometimes called the “personal power” chakra. Its health is vital for self-esteem and autonomy. The Solar Plexus Chakra can be blocked by feelings of low self-worth, perceived failures, or negative social experiences. Here are some daily affirmations to open your Solar Plexus Chakra:
- I am strong.
- I am confident.
- My inner fire burns through all of my fears.
- I am calm and at peace.
- I am calm and at peace with the Universe around me.
- I have the freedom to make my own choices.
- I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to.
- There is a clear path ahead of me.
- I am good enough.
- Heart Chakra
The Heart Chakra represents our capacity for compassion and love, which are the most powerful energies we have. Anything related to love in a negative way can block the Heart Chakra, including grieving or a break-up. Here are some daily affirmations to open your Heart Chakra:
- I am emotionally open.
- I am full of love from others.
- I love myself.
- I am kind to myself.
- I am kind to others.
- I have the strength to follow my heart.
- I am filled with peace.
- I am patient and compassionate.
- I relate well to others.
- Throat Chakra
Self-expression is regulated by the Throat Chakra. It governs clear and true speech and understanding. A blockage in the Throat Chakra can cause struggles with self-expression, communication, and even physical neck and throat pain. Here are some daily affirmations to open your Throat Chakra:
- I am emotionally honest.
- I only say what I mean, and I always mean what I say.
- I know when it’s time to listen.
- I clearly convey myself to the world.
- I express myself clearly.
- I communicate well with others.
- I am aligned with the truth.
- I listen to myself.
- I think before I speak.
- I express myself thoroughly and creatively.
- Third Eye Chakra
Extra-sensory perception is rooted in the Third Eye Chakra, which encompasses intuition and manifestation. A blockage in the Third Eye Chakra causes struggles with self-significance, decision-making, and psychological health. Here are some daily affirmations to open your Third-Eye Chakra:
- I trust and follow my intuition.
- I am confident in my decision-making.
- I am open to learning new things.
- My spiritual insight is clear.
- All is well in my world.
- My purpose is significant.
- I am aligned with the Universe.
- I have faith in my broader purpose.
- There is a higher purpose in what I am doing.
- Crown Chakra
The Crown Chakra is the highest chakra. It represents our spiritual connection to our Higher Power. Our Crown Chakra is vital to our feelings of peace and can be blocked by traumatic experiences. Here are some daily affirmations to open your Crown Chakra:
- I trust my guidance by the Divine.
- I see the Divine’s light in everyone.
- I am unconditionally loved by the Divine.
- My spiritual insight is clear.
- I am open to the greatness and abundance that the Universe offers.
- I am excited and motivated.
- I am confident in my higher purpose.
- I am one with the Divine’s energy.
- I am in tune with the beauty of the world.
Affirmations are a very effective method to open your chakras. You can turn affirmations into a ritual by using them in a ceremonial setting with candles or aromatherapy oils. To give extra power to your affirmations, repeat them to yourself while looking in a mirror. But affirmations will still be effective even if you just repeat them silently to yourself as you go about your day. Look within, and let your beliefs guide you.