It’s very essential to understand what the Bible says about this topic.
- Will there be true prophets in the end times according to the Bible?
“It shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out my spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy” (Acts 2:17)
Answer: it’s true. In the last days, both men and women will prophesy.
- (Ephesians 4:7-11) says Jesus at His ascension placed the gift of prophets in His church, along with four other gifts: apostles, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. Why were these gifts placed in the church by God?
“For the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12)
Answer: five gifts were given by Jesus for his saints to be equipped. If any of these 5 gifts are missing then equipping God’s end-time church will not be possible.
- Was the gift to prophecy limited to men only in the Bible days?
Answer: No. 8 women were also given gifts to prophesy by God. Anna (Luke 2:36-38); Miriam (Exodus 15:20); Deborah (Judges 4:4); Huldah (2Kings 22:14) and daughters of Philip, an evangelist (Acts 21:8, 9)
- These gifts were to remain in God’s church for how long?
(Ephesians 4:13) says “Till we all come to the unity of the faith and of knowledge of the son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ”
Answer: They will be in church till that day God’s people will all be united. And that will be at the end of time.
- True prophets get their information from what source?
(2 Peter 1:21) says “Prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit”
Answer: prophets don’t use their spiritual matters when expressing their own private beliefs. It’s through the Holy Spirit that their thoughts come and through Jesus.
- What are the three different ways that God speaks to prophets?
(Numbers 12:6, 8) says “If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord, make myself known to him in a vision; I speak with him face to face”
Answer: Visions, dreams or face to face.
- How are true prophets physically evident in visions?
Answer: Pay attention to these important points.
- Physical strength will be lost (Daniel 10:8)
- May later receive supernatural strength (Daniel 10:18, 19)
- A body has no breath (Daniel 10:17)
- Ability to communicate (Daniel 10:16)
- Do not know the earthly surroundings (Daniel 10:5-8; 2 Corinthians 12:2-4)
- Eyes will be open (Numbers 24:4)
The points above are pieces of evidence of a true prophet in a vision but don’t appear together. A vision may be genuine even if the six pieces of evidence are not manifested.
- If a prophet performs miracles, does it mean that he is God?
“They are spirits of demons, performing signs” (Revelations 16:14)
Answer: No. the devil also has the power to perform miracles. Supernatural powers which are proved by miracles come from both God and Satan. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5; Revelation 13:13, 14).
- Jesus warns us of what end time danger?
Matthew 24:24 says “False Christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible even the elect”
Answer: God tells us to be aware of false prophets who will convince and deceive us. Many will be deceived and lost.
- How can I know whether a prophet is true or false?
“To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” (Isaiah 8:20)
Answer: if they behave differently to what the bible says then they are false prophets. You need to watch how they teach and conduct themselves.